Re: [Nmh-workers] Maybe time for a new release?

2016-03-10 14:57:04
Ken> I ... think the latest release makes that easy as well?  It sounds
Ken> like the only thing lacking from 1.6 in this area is documentation.

Yes, seems so; I guess I'd just like a "best practice" section in the
mhfixmsg man page which shows (for example) a recommended command line
invocation (more-or-less covered a few emails back) and a procmail
recipe.

I've tried running mhfixmsg across a selection of my email, and
encountered a mixture of complaints and occasional dumped cores (which
I'll investigate and report on — it may be that my Debian nmh-1.6-2 has
bugs not present in the current version).

In principle I'd *like* to run mhfixmsg on email as it's delivered, but
I'm also sympathetic to the "keep the wire copy" argument, and a little
worried because of the abovementioned failures; does anyone else run it
through procmail?  Are you happy with your experience of same?

Conrad