Re: [Nmh-workers] Maybe time for a new release?

2016-03-10 11:45:57
Norm wrote:

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

Translate text/plain parts to UTF-8
To translate all text/plain parts in the current message to UTF-8, in
addition to all of the default transformations:

mhfixmsg -textcharset utf-8

How do I translate, to utf-8, all parts of a message,
which can be reasonably translated to utf-8? The first such part?

mhfixmsg doesn't currently support either of those.  It's not clear to me how
to determine "can be reasonably translated to utf-8".  We've discussed this
here recently, and Ralph raised the counterexample of an html page relying on a
particular charset.

And I'll resist making the tool even more complicated by adding interfaces to
select which parts to touch.  So it's none or all, unless there would be a real
benefit to translate only specified parts.

David