Re: [Nmh-workers] Sending Binary Attachments

2016-05-12 10:16:20
moving hymie's off-list question back on-list, because he points
out a flaw in my script.

indeed, the script assumes the header separator ends in a ':'.  that's
a local customization that i had completely forgotten about -- as
distributed, the MH header separator is all dashes.

i have no idea why i changed it; it was so very long ago.

paul

hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net wrote:
Hi.

Paul Fox writes:
i've attached the simple script i use from within vi to make using the
"Attach:" header easy.

I was looking at your script, and it appears to expect the separator
line to have a colon at the end.

Is that correct / normal?  I'm looking at my installation, and the
separator line is just 8 dashes .  That's what I've been using for
years without issue.  Is the colon-at-the-end optional / accepted ?

read inputline
if echo "$inputline" | grep -qv '^-\+-:$'
then
   echo 'Error:  run this only on the "------:" header separator line.'
   exit 1
fi

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net