Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-24 00:59:32
The core issue is that autoconf probe macros like AC_CHECK_LIB() will only
succeed against names that are actual global linker symbols, ie functions,
not C macros.  SSL_library_init() is not in that category as of 1.1.0.

You want to pick one that is an actual function in both older and newer
OpenSSL releases.  Postgres went with SSL_new(); there are doubtless
others that would work.

Thanks for the tip; I think we'll go with SSL_new() as well.  And yeah,
totally sucks about the ABI compatibility!  As I understand it, that's
why it's no longer shipped with MacOS X.