Re: [Nmh-workers] RFC 2047 vs RFC 2231 encoding for MIME parameters

2016-10-07 08:25:11
Hi Krn,

Sigh. We use a lot of C strings, so we're not so great on handling
embedded NULs.  It's one of those things that is simultanously hard to
fix, and AFAICT not worth it.  Let me ask you, Ralph ... what do you
WANT to happen here?

--Krn

How about...  Detect any decoding that produces a NUL up with which our
string representation cannot put.  Stop at that point.  If the user
really wants to proceed, and they probably don't once the dodgy filename
is drawn to their attention, have him drop -auto or alter the email.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy