Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to forw(1)

2016-10-10 11:44:17
ken wrote:
thinking about this further, i think i might rather teach Attach about
mh message numbers and sequences than add a new Forward header.
Attach is already examining its file arguments to decide how to a
attach any given file -- teaching it recognize message specifiers
isn't a big stretch.  this would clearly lead to these two
invocations having different results:

Two problems I see:

"Attach" means, "attach this file with a disposition of 'attachment'".
It takes one argument: filename.  The #forw directive (which I am
planning on emulating) takes a folder name and message numbers; it does
not create a disposition, so it defaults to "inline".  This means different
semantics for Attach depending on the file type; I think that's bad.

It's more code.

that's fine.  i was kind of typing while thinking.  and i hadn't fully
appreciated the "inline" distinction.

paul