Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to forw(1)

2016-10-10 16:26:46

On Oct 10, 2016, at 9:26 AM, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am going on prior art here; specifically, Fcc.  I don't see the value
in adding an Nmh- prefix to any Nmh-specific header.  I realize this is
something that there is not universal agreement on.

It's a simple namespace issue.  These headers escape the nmh environment.
Being generic, other software might attribute other meanings to them, and do
unexpected things.  Putting everything behind "nmh-", and advertising we do so,
mostly eliminates the risk.

This means, moving forward, we only generate nmh-* headers, while continuing to
accept the old ones.

This is particularly important now that "forw -mime" is becoming the default;
these headers *will* escape now.

--lyndon