Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to forw(1)

2016-10-13 14:48:27
Incompatible change, I realise.  Just trying to step back a bit and see
why we ended up here.

There are a couple of things going on here.  One is, like you said, headers
tell nmh programs what to do.  These are user-editable, and in cases
of things like "To: and "cc:" users are expected to edit them.

The other part is we're now using more headers as an IPC mechanism from
one set of nmh programs to another.  There was always some of this, of
course - repl(1) sets the To: and/or cc: headers, but now we are starting
to make use of this for things like attach, and the proposal for forw(1).
These can also be user-editable, and I think that's desirable.  There
will probably be more of them.