Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files

2017-01-02 15:42:59
    Date:        Mon, 02 Jan 2017 15:45:36 -0500
    From:        Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

  | Based on what you describe, I suspect what happened is that your digest
  | bursting program overwrite your draft file between "repl" and "send",
  | and your "send" sucessfully sent the digest.

I was thinking the same, almost - my suspicion is that the digest burst
and transmit destroyed the draft (as you suggest) and the the lack of the
draft file is what caused Laura's send to fail/abort.   By the time that
happened (even if nmh were capable of doing anything rational at that point)
the draft was probably already gone.

I would suggest using -draftfolder in all automated sending programs/scripts,
it avoids any problems of this nature, but can also make it easier to debug
any problems with the automated script.

kre