Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-06 20:00:03
Ralph wrote:

I've been experimenting with send(1)'s `-msgid -messageid random'
invocation.  If nmh is left to add the MIME headers, the default, then
Content-IDs get whacked in that look an awful lot like a `-messageid
localname', the default.

Should -messageid random affect Content-ID too?

It should.  I don't have the cycles to fix it now.  I'd be willing
to add a note to the man page to use mhbuild -nocontentid, if you
want.  I use that (for another reason), so I never noticed this
problem.

Are there any others lurking to bite?

Based on grep of ID_FIELD, I think that's the only one.  The other
uses all go through message_id(), which obeys -messageid random.

David