Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-08 10:11:14
Hi David,

I'm not sure you can, in practice, guarantee that they are
globally unique.

Ditto Message-ID?

Right, nmh doesn't have a way to generate a globally unique message or
content ID.

OK, but I think Ken was pointing out duff Content-IDs are seen in
practice, I've received `htmlpart', for example, so my point was that
Message-IDs can also be poorly produced and that shouldn't weaken the
cause for either, instead stamp out the poor producers.

Relately, https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2392.txt allows the mid schema to
be `mid:messageid/contentid', but that's to help when indexing is only
on Message-ID rather than to cope with duplicate Content-ID.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy