Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-10 13:13:32
Here's a redacted email, with some headers removed for brevity. Remove
either Content-ID and I see the main text/plain entry fine, keep both
and I only see a "ÿ" instead of the body. The list footer is visible
in both cases.

Hm. That actually seems like a problem in the original mail.  It has the
same Content-ID for both the multipart/mixed and the text/plain part.
It turns out exmh caches MIME content based on the Content-ID, so it's
getting confused because it's trying to display the text/plain content based
on the multipart/mixed content.  I just checked, and nmh will generate
correct Content-IDs (different ones for each MIME part).  So I'd figure out
the MUA involved (or is it maybe done by mailing list software?) and
complain to them.

From exmh's perspective, I suppose it would be easy to disable the Content-ID
caching.