Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-09 11:08:10
Sounds like an old bug that can be ignored, being XP?

I'd hope so, but you never know!

Other than nmh not making up the header's value as well as it could, I'm
not seeing much need to nobble Content-ID by default.  It's not causing
little harm, and there's signs other MUAs add it as a header.

Well, for one it would cut down on the whining from people who are
complaining that their Content-ID header leaks internal hostnames :-)

But ... I did some digging. I can't claim my inbox is representative
... but from what I can see, if you exclude nmh users, the only time I
see other MUAs generate a Content-ID is when they have text/html part
and include a image that is referred to by a "cid" URL in the text/html
content.  Perhaps {al}pine users do generate Content-IDs, but they do so
only for attachments, NOT for all MIME parts (like we do).

As for Christer's problem with Content-ID and exmh ... well, I'm an
exmh user and I haven't noticed that. I'd like to hear more.