Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-09 07:36:29
Hi Ken,

I was curious about pine, so I looked at that.  It does generate them,
but you can turn that off.  The comments are:

     * If requested, strip Content-ID headers that don't look like they
     * are needed. Microsoft's Outlook XP has a bug that causes it to
     * not show that there is an attachment when there is a Content-ID
     * header present on that attachment.

The same applies to Alpine.

Sounds like an old bug that can be ignored, being XP?

Other than nmh not making up the header's value as well as it could, I'm
not seeing much need to nobble Content-ID by default.  It's not causing
little harm, and there's signs other MUAs add it as a header.  That the
only users might be this list's subscribers matters little since we
don't get out much.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy