Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-06 22:15:41
I've been experimenting with send(1)'s `-msgid -messageid random'
invocation.  If nmh is left to add the MIME headers, the default, then
Content-IDs get whacked in that look an awful lot like a `-messageid
localname', the default.

You know, this begs the question ... should we even bother to add a
Content-ID header by default?  I am aware of their usefulness for
text/html parts and the cid: URL, but that's not really useful unless
you know what the Content-ID is going to be and right now you don't
really know what it will look like.  People who want that can always
specify their Content-ID in mhbuild directives.

If there are uses for our generation of Content-ID, I'd be interested to
hear them.