Re: [Nmh-workers] Domain Leakage Despite -messageid random.

2017-01-07 07:29:36
Hi Ken,

You know, this begs the question ... should we even bother to add a
Content-ID header by default?  I am aware of their usefulness for
text/html parts and the cid: URL, but that's not really useful unless
you know what the Content-ID is going to be and right now you don't
really know what it will look like.

One can `mime' and then `edit' at whatnow(1) to see it before sending,
though further editing needs to tread carefully.  :-)

If there are uses for our generation of Content-ID, I'd be interested
to hear them.

I haven't used it.  But I suppose it does allow just the cid URL schema
to be used to refer to emails whether MIME parts or the whole email
instead of having to switch to mid for the latter.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy