[Nmh-workers] Spaces before Tabs.

2017-04-17 06:06:27
Hi,

nmh's source has lines where a tab immediately follows a space that
isn't in an eighth column, i.e. the space isn't having an effect.
This inconsistency is a bit of a pain when it comes to regexps to search
and manipulate the source whilst maintaining indentation.
I'm happy to make all those lines be tabs followed by spaces, preserving
the indentation, but don't want to cause `git pull' hassles if there's
large un-pushed commits out there.  Objections?

Also, I assume we're happy with sticking with whatever mixture of tabs
then spaces a line has?  It's about 50/50 at the moment between just
spaces for indentation, and tabs with spaces after.

(Personally, I'm used to just spaces.  If tabs are involved then it
should be just tabs and the user sets their width to 4 in nmh's case to
preserve the 72-based source width.)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy