Re: [Nmh-workers] Segfault in post from mime quoted names in aliases

2017-04-15 09:46:05
David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:
Ken wrote:

Normally I would suggest deprecating this feature and then removing it
after the next release, but it's impacting reasonable behavior NOW, and
fixing the core dump issue here just means trying to comprehend a pile
of code that's just a mess and that we all agree needs to go.  So what
do people think of just getting rid of all of it now?

+1

David

I have a wild guess about why the feature is there. I don't know when the
'<file' capability was added. But maybe, before that, the feature was the only
way a user could could use another user's distribution list.

I have a vague memory of groups existing only for a distribution list purpose.

    Norman Shapiro