Re: [Nmh-workers] Segfault in post from mime quoted names in aliases

2017-04-13 10:51:21
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:55:19 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:

Normally I would suggest deprecating this feature and then removing it
after the next release, but it's impacting reasonable behavior NOW, and
fixing the core dump issue here just means trying to comprehend a pile
of code that's just a mess and that we all agree needs to go.  So what
do people think of just getting rid of all of it now?

The chances that somebody is *still* relying on using /etc/groups as a
mailing list database, *and* likely to upgrade to the next release of nmh,
are vanishingly slim.  I say heave it over the side and mention it in the
Changelog, and move on.  I've only been using an MH derivative since 1988,
and even back then I would have called using /etc/groups for that a totally
bonkers idea, since it's overloading group semantics with possible security
implications...