Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg on a pathological mail

2017-08-18 12:01:13

Den 18. aug. 2017 17:53, skrev Ken Hornstein:
You know, I've only been vaguely following this, but I tried to go back
and I am confused now.  Two dumb questions:

1) What is happening to that email when you run mhfixmsg on it?

The mail in question (i.e. with ^M at end of every line, both headers
and body) ends up with nothing but a single instance of the mime
boundary in the body of the mail. i.e
----
HEAD

MIME-BOUNDARY
----
2) What do you want to happen?

Ideally everything with content-type text/whatever gets
content-transfer-encoding 8bit (or 7bit if it fits). Anything readable
would be better than current base64. This is for purposes of
Spam-checking and full-body searching.