Re: [Nmh-workers] mhstore dumps core

2017-08-19 07:58:53
Ralph wrote:

Or, `python2 -m SimpleHTTPServer $port' gives a HTTP server for files in
the current directory.

We've avoided dependencies on python, perl, etc., in favor of POSIX tools,
for the most part.  I don't know if test/fakehttp would fill the need here,
even with some enhancement.

But I noticed there's another path out of openExternal that don't set *fd,

Yeah, we should go through and fix all of those.

valgrind here, 3.13.0-2, doesn't complain about the printf, and that
prints zero.  That puzzles me.

Yes, interesting.  Have you tried with -O0?

BTW, these are annoying.  NOTOK is often used when the value must be -1
so it's hiding nothing, just obscuring because it's well known, e.g.
that access(2) returns -1 on error so the code would be clearer to check
against -1, not add pointless abstraction.

I'm ambivalent about OK and NOTOK.  Sometimes they provide more readable
code, I think, but not always.

David