Re: [Nmh-workers] Call for testing of nmh 1.7 release candidate 3

2017-08-25 11:29:10
$ comp
What now? s -snoop
Trying to connect to "localhost" ...
Connecting to 127.0.0.1:587...
Connection failed: Connection refused

It looks to me like you have nmh configured to connect to a SMTP server
running on port 587 on localhost, and there isn't one.

I run OpenSMTPD as a relay to GMail. If I manually pipe a message to
OpenSMTPD's sendmail(8), it arrives at the destination. How do I get
mail to send again?

Well, it seems like there are two options: change the 1.7 configuration
to match the configuration you had for 1.6 (I don't know how it was
configured before), or change your 1.7 configuration to submit email
directly to gmail (we have support for the XOAUTH2 authentication used
by Gmail, if you want to do that).  I don't want to get into the whole
ball of hair about which one is better; opinions differ on that, I have
one preference, other people have a different one.  But we haven't
removed any functionality, so you should still be able to change nmh's
configuration to match how 1.6 worked.