Re: [Nmh-workers] Call for testing of nmh 1.7 release candidate 3

2017-08-26 10:33:28
[jerry@unix nmh-1.7-RC3]$ file --brief --dereference --mime-type
test/mhbuild/nulls
binary

Well, that would do it.  Sigh.  It might be interesting to see what the
man pages says for that version of file.  But FWIW, on CentOS 7 I have
"file 5.11" and it works just fine.  I guess these are all based on:

        http://www.darwinsys.com/file/

What do people think we should do about this?  We could make
Autoconf reject this file command if it returns something other than
"application/octet-stream" for the "nulls" file.  Open to suggestions here.