Re: [Nmh-workers] Call for testing of nmh 1.7 release candidate 3

2017-08-25 22:25:49
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 21:26:55 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
We got rid of sbr/sigmsg.awk when we got rid of the code that used
sbr/sigmsg.h; I think you're getting bitten by stale dependencies.  Try

*lightbulb*. i had forgotten to autoreconf, so makefile.in had
the stale stuff in it... sorry for the noise.

Right, in a perfect world you wouldn't need to do that, because the
dependencies would cause autoreconf to be run automatically.  But when
make tries to resolve all of the dependencies in the stale Makefile it
complains that it can't figure out how to build sigmsg.h and you never
get a chance to rebuild everything.  Once you get a new Makefile (or
clear out the dependency stuff) everything is okay.