Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP/nmh, again

2017-10-27 12:42:31
So some of us are seeing 10+ second scans locally.

I really need to upgrade to a 500G SSD. :)  (which I guess answers the
"is it reasonable/tolerable" question :)

I feel it's only fair to point out that 10 seconds was across the
Atlantic Ocean.  To the same server a few states away, that same scan
took me half a second.

Okay, to be fair, it would be more accurate to say that retrieving all
of the data needed to do that scan too a half a second.  There is still all
of the processing nmh needed to do.  It would be intersting to see how
much overhead that adds.