Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?

2018-01-30 20:23:04
No, it does  not attempt the printf because ICONV_ENABLED=0

OK, so that's it:  the test doesn't handle that case properly.

This begs a larger question ... should we just specify iconv as a
requirement for the next release?  I'm not sure it makes sense to have
all of those #ifdef HAVE_ICONV directives cluttering up the code,
especially given how prevalent different character sets are in this age
and iconv() is part of POSIX.  In theory we should be testing things
without iconv support to catch these problems, but I don't think that's
worth the time.

Nmh-workers