Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?

2018-01-31 13:23:14
Hi Ken,

You're thinking those without it, e.g. Andy, could easily get iconv
with a package install?

Yeah ... I am kind of surprised OpenBSD doesn't ship with iconv

If I'm looking in the right place,
http://openports.se/converters/libiconv suggests it's no longer a
package but a LIB_DEPENDS pulls it in.

Like I said, it's part of POSIX so I think requiring it is perfectly
reasonable.

True, we've gone full POSIX in other ways, e.g. C99.

Maybe he does have it and our autoconf tests are wrong; if that's the
case we should spend our energy on fixing that.

Yep.

I'm doing that.  I ./configure'd like normal and then s/1/0/ in
Makefile and config.h for HAVE_ICONV.  All went well with `make
all', one test was skipped with `make check', but one test failed in
test/mhshow/test-charset, and I'm not sure why.

I think this just bolsters my arguments :-)

Not really, that was more a request for help from anyone that might
recall that area.  That it produces the extra byte might be unconnected
to the HAVE_ICONV setting.  Perhaps the commit changed the test to cope
with 10 and 11 simply to match observations.  :-)

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

--