Re: [Nmh-workers] Where are we at for 1.7.1?

2018-02-01 20:53:45
Thus said "Todd C. Miller" on Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:11:09 -0700:

The  OpenBSD  C  compiler  does  not  look  in  /usr/local/include  or
/usr/local/lib by default but the nmh port's Makefile does.

I  should have  cracked open  the  Makefile and  I would  have seen  the
obvious CONFIGURE_ENV options being passed in.

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure

Yes,  now  it   builds  and  the  test  passes,  and   now  I  see  that
test/common.sh is  actually ``built''  on demand  from test/common.sh.in
with the  rest of the  build process  so that it  defaults ICONV_ENABLED
differently based  on how  it was configured.  That answers  my previous
question about  how ICONV_ENABLED could  ever be altered (it  happens at
``build'' time).

$ make TESTS=test/mhshow/test-charset check
make  test/fakehttp test/fakepop  test/fakesmtp test/getcanon  test/getcwidth
test/getfullname  test/runpty test/common.sh
`test/fakehttp' is up to date.
`test/fakepop' is up to date.
`test/fakesmtp' is up to date.
`test/getcanon' is up to date.