Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

2018-02-13 16:57:10
paul wrote:

Michael Richardson wrote:
... I tried to build the other one (uw-imap?) that had MH support, but
it was too much effort because the "libmh" library was pretty much
impossible
to build/configure.

sorry about that. (i was the maintainer in the years up until mark's
death.) the ruinously bad property of uw-imap's MH implementation, which
i could not fix due to an impedance mismatch between the protocol and
the MH message number definition, is that whenever you refile a message,
both folders have to be fully rescanned.

For my archives I'm now thinking that maybe I should just convert it all to
Maildir.  Hmm.

that's what i did. but now i have no shell tools that do what "pick"
does. ouch.

i know it's not pick, but i find i mostly use mairix on my mail even
though it's all in MH folders, simply because it's so much faster.  i
often run pick on the resulting mairix results folder, though.

paul