Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???

2018-03-17 19:35:50
ken wrote:
prompter is what i was thinking of. repl and forw also used it. it was
Yeah, I tried it quickly and it seems simple enough.  And people who have
editor in their profile or use EDITOR/VISUAL won't notice a change.
i think it should still be prompter, so that we have no editor
assumption or dependency.

i'm good with prompter.  i didn't know it existed, and wrote my own
script to do much the same thing a couple of years ago, for use on my
phone.  bringing up vi on a phone's ssh connection is...  sub-optimal.

i don't think any of us involved in the vi-as-default thread from a
few years back really considered that it might cause a package dependency.

paul