Re: [nmh-workers] post 1.71 ug: "long line"/single newline paragraphs

2018-05-26 03:46:37
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:

My larger point is that, sadly, I've seen a distressing number of times
when the text/plain version of a multipart/alternative message is not
useful.  I really wish people who have a shitty text/plain part would
simply NOT bother and just generate text/html; I don't know why they
even bother to generate such a lousy text/plain part, but this is the
world we live in.  I suspect we (nmh users) might be the only users who
actually look at the text/plain content versus the text/html content.

Sadly true.  I have even seen a text/plain part of an event
announcement that was for the previous event! The mind boggles
as to what kind of software could cause that to happen.

--
Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.uk