Re: [nmh-workers] nmh 1.7.1: both bcc and dcc broken for mts sendmail/pipe

2019-02-12 18:38:01
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:57:49 -0500, Ken Hornstein writes:
And it strikes me as a bad idea to have Bcc behave
differently depending on the MTS you are using.  So I think when
stripping Bcc out of the original draft and putting it IN the Bcc draft
makes the most sense.

very good, we're thinking along the same lines here.

Well ... where should this be documented better?

what i meant was that the send manpage for example just says 'if you have dcc
and anything but sendmail/pipe then...' but doesn't say what happens
when you're on pipe.
it's similar regarding that bcc is meant to produce those warning
encrustations; not having used non-silent bcc in decades
i couldn't figure that out fully from the manpages, but had to look
at the source.

Really, if you have some suggestions I would
be glad to make them; I don't want to shove this on you, especially if
you are contributing a bug fix.

no problem, i'll try to update the send and post manpages where applicable.

I firmly believe that post should reject the message immediately and nothing
should be sent.

thanks for your advice; i'll work towards these in the next few days
and will let you know when i have something workable.

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + http://snafu.priv.at/
Windows95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit shell of an 8-bit OS originally