Re: [nmh-workers] nmh 1.7.1: both bcc and dcc broken for mts sendmail/pipe

2019-02-14 21:43:40
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 21:08:41 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:

Valdis was the first reply to that (Message-ID
<22277.1550182604@turing-police.cc.vt.edu>), and HIS email was text/plain,
character set iso-8859-1, and encoded using quoted-printable.  He quoted
Ralph's message, and the guillemets were encoded as =AB and =BB.  Which seems
correct to me.

But in Paul's note it ended up as (extra > added in the reply)

   > > The  =AB" =BB around

There's something else wonky about Paul's note. My preliminary guess is that
something got mangled when MailMan tacked the  us-ascii footer onto Paul's
utf-8.  The end result is that exmh gets confoozled, even though it usually
gets this sort of thing right.

Not sure yet why, and I don't see anything in the raw message that would cause
this. Damn. Now it's going to bug me till I figure it out. :)