nmh-workers

Re: [nmh-workers] I Could Have Sworn that the inc Command used to work.

2019-06-04 09:37:27
On Jun 3, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:

I am thinking that falling back to getpwuid(getuid()) is the most reasonable
approach, for the following reasons:

This fails when there are multiple users with the same uid as getpwuid()
will likely fetch the first matching entry. On FreeBSD (& May be other BSDs)
getlogin() is a syscall and works correctly without a controlling terminal.
But I was forgetting about Linux which never disappoints in disappointing.
I think use of $LOGNAME as a fallback may be good enough.

--
nmh-workers