Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.

2019-07-03 14:32:49
In message <20190703182013.00A75153941@pb-smtp2.pobox.com>,
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:

So, circling back to this ...

Ronald, I was communicating with Cy Schubert, the maintainer of the FreeBSD
nmh port, and he said to me, "Hey, did you realize that we DO all of the
stuff to make replyfilter work if you enable that option?"  And when I
looked at the port Makefile I realized he was right ... there is an
option to install replyfilter and of the dependencies you need.  That
would also have installed w3m which meant nmh would have been configured
to render HTML email out of the box correctly.

So, my question to you is ... have you tried reinstalling nmh with
the replyfilter option?  I believe that "make showconfig" or "make config"
for the nmh port should get you going in the right direction.

Ken, I apologize for leaving things hanging, and for failing to follow up
on the last email or two that you posted with helpful advice about how
to get the utter mess I have created for myself properly ironed out
at long last.  What can I say?  Stuff happens, and I got distracted...
again.  But your last two helpful messages are still in my inbox and it
has been my intent to come back to them and do all of the things you
suggested... most importantly, perhaps, reading the bloody man page
(as I should have done from the outset, of course).

To answer your question, no, I have not reinstalled NMH, and I'm not even
sure if that would be a Good Idea at this point or not.

I need to make clear also that on FreeBSD one has a choice of installing
a particular thing as a pre-built binary "package" ro to built it from
sources, possibly with customized options.  I have so far only done the
former and not the latter.  If it turns out to be eithre necessary or
helpful, I can, and certainly will do the latter.  But just now, I still
have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.  I will circle
back with you on all this as soon as I can. I still do desperately want
to get all of the kinks in my personal nmh configuration ironed out.
I just can't do that today.

I thank you so much for your care and concern.

Regards,
rfg