Re: [nmh-workers] Formatting HTML to Text: netrik.

2019-07-07 12:15:17
Hi David,

rfg wrote:
All these in combination you end with a reasonable reply to HTML
emails.  The downside is that you don't get to keep the original
email unless you make a copy of it and it's fairly hacky.

Thanks for all the tips, but this is a non-starter for me.  I need to
preserve originals.

I would think there should be some way of doing that *and* getting
nicely TEXTified emails, no?

mhfixmsg(1)'s -replacetextplain replaces the text/plain with a rendering
of the text/html part.  This is useful because the shipped text/plain is
often poor.

What if mhfixmsg could also append a new text/plain after the existing
one, i.e. with a rank that's `better quality'.  (Assuming RFCs allow two
multipart/alternative with the same MIME type.)  Then showing the email
with `-prefer text/plain' would give mhfixmsg's version but the original
would still be there for explicit reference with -part, etc.

--
Cheers, Ralph.