Re: [nmh-workers] Forwarding html email

2019-08-07 21:32:31
MH was written back before the conceivable need for anything like MIME
was anything more than a futuristic dream (what exactly does one do with
a MIME message when one is using an ASR33, a DEcwriter 300, or even
an ADM-3a ?)

I guess the same thing they do when they're running it from an xterm?
Convert it as best you can to the local character set and display the
closest thing to "plain text" you can get.

When I said "written", I wasn't thinking of the first version of MH.  I
was more talking about the time when MIME support was added; instead
of making MIME support integrated into all of the tools they wrote a
NEW tool to handle MIME messages and kind of nibbled around the edges
at putting that new tool in a few places to make MIME messages sort-of
work.  I can't even blame that solution, since doing it "right" would
have been a lot of work and the view at the time was that MIME messages
were uncommon.  Of course that's flipped and now MIME messages are the
norm.