Re: [nmh-workers] FSF is changing Mailman list settings unless you opt out (fwd)

2019-09-26 22:09:54
Thus said Ken Hornstein on Thu, 26 Sep 2019 12:36:41 -0400:

You can  read the details  in the  message for the  complete technical
reasons  why this  is happening;  the other  option is  to do  what is
called "Munge From" and I personally think this is 100x worse (I am on
a Yahoo mailing list where this is done and I hate it).

I won't  mind if the  Subject stops being  mangled (I use  the list-post
header for filtering). I also won't mind if the body stops being mangled
with additional MIME parts; the same information is already available in
the  list-(un)?subscribe  headers) and  I'm  of  the opinion  that  list
control mechanisms  belong in headers.  Besides, how often  does someone
accidentally get subscribed to a mailing list anymore?

I don't think however, that "Munge From" sounds like a good idea.

Thanks,

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005d8d7d75