[nmh-workers] Additional features for S/MIME support

2019-09-28 18:53:20
I was looking at what kind of things we need to generate S/MIME
messages, and ... well, we're like 60% of the way there (by that I mean
60% of the TOOLS you need are there; other tools would generate the CMS
data).  Here are a few things I think we need to make this actually
doable:

- A way to store the message headers, unmodified
- A way to generate "canonical" output (basically, with \r\n line endings).
- A way to store the top-level MIME part of a message, but also including
  any MIME headers.
- A way of storing multipart content that's not one of the subparts, but the
  actual complete multipart data.

All of these seem like they are extra stuff that should be added to mhstore.
(I thought about mhl for the message headers, but ... that wants to really
format them for humans).  Specifically, how about the following switches:

  -headers
  -canonical
  -multicontent

For the top-level MIME part, I was thinking of -part 0.  Or maybe that's not
quite right; maybe -toplevel.  Thoughts?