Re: [nmh-workers] Additional features for S/MIME support

2019-09-29 17:59:03
Can you explain the problem you are trying to solve?

I want to be able to GENERATE a S/MIME message given a MH draft message.
There are a number of tools for platforms that can take a file and generate
CMS output (such as a signature) based on that file.  We don't quite have
the tooling to (a) get the correct output to feed into such a tool and
(b) generate things in such a way to make the correct MIME output.

I think it is about being able to take S/MIME messages which might be
encrypted, and then (optionally) store the unencrypted bits somewhere
so that we can manipulate them easily?

Actually, we are actually "okay" on having some of the basic tools
necessary to get that stuff output.  I have mhstore'd a received S/MIME
message and use the right crypto tools to extract out the content.
Seamless display is a little harder, but we're not terrible at least.