Re: [nmh-workers] Additional features for S/MIME support

2019-09-28 19:38:54
On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 19:52:58 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
I was looking at what kind of things we need to generate S/MIME
messages, and ... well, we're like 60% of the way there (by that I mean
60% of the TOOLS you need are there;

if possible please keep that part generic enough to also work for
pgp/mime (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3156). i strongly suspect that
there's fewer hoops to jump through for pgp/mime than for s/mime, so
supporting both shouldn't be onerous.

other tools would generate the CMS data).
All of these seem like they are extra stuff that should be added to mhstore.

i'm not entirely sure how you envision that split between nmh and 'other
tools' to work, because you mention both generating s/mime messages
and mhstore at the same time.

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + http://snafu.priv.at/
If you can't build it with 2N3055's, it's not worth building. -- Peter Gutmann