Re: [nmh-workers] Additional features for S/MIME support

2019-09-29 17:39:25

Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> wrote:
    > I was looking at what kind of things we need to generate S/MIME
    > messages, and ... well, we're like 60% of the way there (by that I mean
    > 60% of the TOOLS you need are there; other tools would generate the CMS
    > data).  Here are a few things I think we need to make this actually
    > doable:

Can you explain the problem you are trying to solve?

I think it is about being able to take S/MIME messages which might be
encrypted, and then (optionally) store the unencrypted bits somewhere so that
we can
manipulate them easily?
This is an especial win for signed but not encrypted messages.