Re: [nmh-workers] nmh sourcesfile:///home/norm/Desktop/repl.desktop

2019-10-25 13:28:35
David Levine <levinedl@acm.org> writes:
Norm writes:

comp: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: cannot ope=
n shared object file: No such file or directory

What I am doing wrong?

Nothing.  Either the nmh package for the version of Ubuntu you're using
needs to be rebuilt, or you need to install a libreadline6 package.  I
took a quick look and didn't find one, but I don't use Ubuntu.

In the meantime, if you want to build nmh yourself from scratch, run:

wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/plain/build_nmh &&
sh build_nmh -iv

Respond to the prompts, the first is the install directory.  The rest
probably have good defaults.

I would prefer that. It gives me more control over where files go and
it would allow me to keep up with intermediate nmh versions.

I tried it. I get a "build failed". I am attaching the build log.

    Norman Shapiro