Re: format and output all received: lines in an e-mail message

2019-11-23 13:34:05
Valdis Klētnieks wrote in <235182.1574454918@turing-police>:
 |On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 20:51:52 +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso said:
 |
 |> I prefer people using Mail-Followup-To: instead of some ML
 |> software modifying the address lists, they could as well just
 |> avoid resending the mail!?!  Yes, i mean, well.
 |> I really like looking into old archives and i hope what i see is
 |> the real original thing, which i think is a value by itself.
 |> But the world does not seem to cherish this.
 |
 |A bigger issue is GMail's handling of Message-Id:
 |
 |If you post to a mailing list, it notes the Message-Id: on the way out,
 |and when the list sends its copy to you, it gets silently munched by the
 |duplicate suppressor.  So unless you are careful with Fcc: and have
 |nmh save a copy in the appropriate folder, your comments in a thread
 |go poof.

Poof also in use to spring out of existence.
To me such situations happen regulary even without GMail ._.

Before the upcoming release of my MUA i will have to add
a reply-to-swapin variable so one can use the address in Reply-To:
not only as an exclusive receiver override (as with M-F-T:), but
only to replace the one address in From: (or Sender:) with it.
This is the only idea i have to work with DKIM++ the way it is in
use on those lists which use the "x via y" syntax.
(Even if noone wants to hear just about any critics regarding
DKIM / DMARC / ARC, neither here nor on other lists.)

 --End of <235182.1574454918@turing-police>

--steffen