Re: Hiding one's email source username/hostname/ISP

2021-03-10 05:54:02
Bob wrote:

I do see in the headers of your reply that the first "Received:"
header uses "HiddenHostname" ... but also the FQDM(?) of your
Verizon connection

FQDN, in this case for a dynamically assigned address so not very useful to
anyone other than Verizon.  Though they choose to provide a geographic hint,
and "fios", in the name.

So, while I could hide the hostname of my laptop, I wouldn't be
able to hide its "public"/ISP-assigned name (and IP address).

Right, as Tom noted:

    passes through.  In this case it was smtp.gmail.com that added that;
    it's not under your control.  You can probably modify the "Hikaru"

David

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2021-03/msg00012.html