Re: smtp authentication problem

2022-02-09 03:43:58
On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 14:27:49 -0500, Ken Hornstein writes:
I suspect the thinking is that since many packages link against cyrus-sasl
but users might not necessarily USE cyrus-sasl (and certainly nmh
falls into that category) you shouldn't install those mechanisms
unless you specifically want to.  But then you get into this situation.
I'm not sure what the right answer is.

the libsasl2-modules package costs only 260kb on disk (and just one
possible extra dependency: libssl).

i decided that on a system with email client duties having the
modules installed is preferrable to weird, wonderful and hard to
diagnose auth failures;
the freshly uploaded vesion nmh version 1.7.1-11 therefore
depends on libsasl2-modules (and has got the auth= patch).

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 2FCCF66BB963BD5F + http://snafu.priv.at/
What should I do ......the machine can't find the program iexplorer.exe...