pem-dev

Re: Key selectors

1995-01-12 12:40:00
Jueneman(_at_)gte(_dot_)com writes:
If it were only a difference in a data template it might not make
much difference. But supporting the CRITICAL extensions requires
support in the code, not just a recompilation somewhere down the line,
and I think that it is VERY important to get that functionality
included at this juncture.

Since X.509v3 has not yet been finalized, and the current proposal does not
address certification formats or policy, I'm not sure I see why it is so
important.  That is, I understand why X.509v3 is important--I just don't see
why discussion or endorsement of it needs to be placed into the document
currently on the table.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation