perl-i18n

Re: ordering Japanese

2006-05-04 22:01:07

On 5 May 2006, at 13:16, Kino wrote:

On 4 May 2006, at 8:12, Mike Barborak wrote:

If so does anyone know of a Perl module to do this or a nice reference that I could use more programmatically than the image on the link above?

I don't know and I'm afraid there's not such a module. To give a pronunciation to all common kanji words would require a large dictionary...

but we should be able to create a conversion script from dictionaries of a Japanese Input Method. I don't know if it is possible to convert those of yours (MS IME?) but there are some free IME or dictionaries for them.

SKK <http://openlab.jp/skk/index.html>
Anthy <http://sourceforge.jp/projects/anthy/>

Kino