perl-unicode

Re: Unicode aware module

1999-06-13 09:11:28
On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 09:41:59PM -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
Does the term "binary data" even make any sense given a Unicode world?
Did it ever? :-)

When I read the term "binary data" I normally think of non-printable data.
I know this is not strictly true, but it helps. For example I would consider
Convert::BER to deal with binary data, although what I really mean is
it deals with arbitary bytes.

--
Since you're clearly mad as a mongoose, I'll bid you good-day.
       -- Edmund to Captain Rum : Black Adder III "Potato"