perl-unicode

RE: CGI and UTF

2002-11-20 12:30:29
Unfortunetly I have asked the cisco admins if we can have perl5.8 and
they said no way.

I have tried doing stuff like this:
$text = $q->param('text');
if ($q->param('text')) {
  print $text . $xml->{message};
} else {
  print "\x{00F3}" . $xml->{message};
}

And it works and displays fine. I display this in the textarea, so that
I can resubmit it, it comes back mangled still :(

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Caplan [mailto:bcaplan(_at_)i18n(_dot_)com]
Sent: 20 November 2002 18:42
To: Mark Proctor; 'Andreas J. Koenig'
Cc: perl-unicode(_at_)perl(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: CGI and UTF

Mark,

I think 5.8 has a encode module with a normalize function. CPAN probably
has something similar. The perl docs for those modules is probably a
good place to start to understand unicode normalization. unicode.org is
the definitive source but could be pretty pedantic if this is your first
exposure.

Barry Caplan
www.i18n.com